Thursday 26 June 2008

Something for the Weekend

With Stephen already monopolising our imagined audience I thought I better pull my finger out. Unfortunately, I don't really have anything to say. Now there's a reason to keep reading...

And so my thoughts turned to this weekend. I'm looking forward to it with equal amounts of excitement and dread. The excitement comes in the form of our friends first gig. Not the first he is attending you understand. He's crossing the line. Joining those brave, or stupid, enough to put on a gig. At least in Mirror! Mirror! and Untitled Musical Project he's putting on two amazing bands with some of the most grounded folk we've had the pleasure of putting on. Even if the former drummer of Untitled Musical Project did once say to me that he had yet to discover one interesting or satisfying aspect of being in a band. I'm sure he was just being droll.


As they say round here "Fair fuck's to him for having a go. I like those bands. I wont be there myself, got something on, but good luck to him." Which is probably the most frustrating attitude you can encounter as a promoter.

Oh and the dread is because of a visit to the dentist for a filling. An injection into the roof of the mouth, the weirdest tasting solution ever and £200 for the privilege. Take care of your teeth kids.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Better than being Shane McGowan?