Sunday 22 June 2008

Non-Celebrity Art Party


Thank you to all that turned up turned-out and turned-on on Friday. My ears are still ringing, my heart still swelling. Of course, all the other band's were great, amazing in fact, but it was all about William, all for them. The cover of "Psychokiller" was fairly unexpected and quite choice. If anyone has any live footage, I'd love to see it. Same applies to photos. As you would expect, the night descended into chaos as it turned into day and while I fell fast asleep with sweaty legs, dreaming of living in the black, others made trouble on pub roofs. That's the way it should be. It's the way it will be. You can take the boys out of Coventry...If you're at all interested, you can buy the William album, Self in Fiction direct from our website for a mere £8.


In between playing said William album to death, I've also been listening to fellow Londoners, Favours For Sailors just that little too much. They mine quite similar influences, if a little more Pavement and a little less Dinosaur Jr. They feature a (I think) ex-4 or 5 Magician now too and it's added some nice scuzzy texture. It's 1993 again and as long as 1994 doesn't follow any time soon, I can't see any problem with that at all.



As is perhaps obvious, I haven't quite grasped how to post MP3s or photos, but one step at a time. It's a slow education. So, the best I can do is post this link www.myspace.com/favours4sailors and advise that you bother to care now before people more important people than I give you no choice in six months time.

No comments: